The Cities of East Grand Forks and Grand Forks are beginning their flood preparation events this week beginning Monday and Tuesday with the closure of the pedestrian bridges between East Grand Forks and Grand Forks. There are several outlets available by which one can stay up to date on flood activities.
- Flood web site: flood.egf.mn
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/egffllood
- Twitter: @egfflood
- E-mail and text alerts: Sign up under “Notify Me” from the City home page.
- Flood Webcam: floodcamera.egf.mn/floodcam/
- Flood Hot Line 218-399-3456
As we are often reminded during these spring events, the Grand Cities are extremely fortunate to have certified flood protection systems in place. While we take every precaution to ensure that this year’s flooding is another “non-event,” our thoughts are also with other communities along the basin that must begin a more strenuous flood fight.