The packet and agenda for Tuesday evening’s special meeting and work session can be found on the City Council web page.
Special Council Meeting
- The City Council will first recognize Tom Spoor for his service to the City upon his pending retirement on October 31.
- The City Council also will meet in special session to consider accepting and awarding bids for the sale of General Obligations bonds. The Council will then adjourn and convene the scheduled work session.
- The City Engineer will discuss the proposed certified special assessment roll for 15th Street NE.
- The EDHA Director will discuss quotations to complete a portion of paving in the Waters Edge 1st Addition. The City recently sold an additional lot Waters Edge for a purchase price that included all special assessment costs. The paving, however, was not completed for this lot. Therefore, the City must finish the paving in order to finalize the purchase.
- Representatives from the Blue Line Club will update the City Council on its progress in procuring advertising for the City’s Ice Resurfacers (Zambonis). The City Council previously directed the Blue Line Club to seek advertising on the condition that the Blue Line Club report to the City Council who the advertisers will be and how the revenue will be appropriated.
- The City Attorney will present a proposed retainer for legal services. The current agreement expires at the end of 2012.
- The City Attorney will also present a proposed snow removal agreement for Pinehurst Court. Several weeks ago, residents from the neighborhood approached the City Council requesting snow removal in the easement between Pinehurst Court properties. Currently, the easement (alley) is not a public right of way. The proposed agreement allows the City to remove snow from the easement while holding the City harmless from potential damages that could result from snow removal on public land. This allows the City to remove snow for this winter while the property paperwork can be obtained from individual owners to permanently dedicate the public right of way later.
- Council Members Pokrzywinski and Gregoire have requested that the topic “Waste Water Options” for Tuesday’s work session agenda.
- Council Member DeMers will provide a Planning Commission update.