The packet and agenda for Tuesday evening’s work session can be found on the City Council web page.
- The City Attorney will present a proposed Intergovernmental Agreement with Huntsville Township regarding 14th Avenue SE. Council Member DeMers, Mr. Galstad, and I met with the township several times last fall to discuss the township’s willingness to participate in a special assessment project to complete paving, curb, and gutter of 14th Avenue SE. from 13th Street SE to the city limit on 17th Street SE. The primary provisions of the agreement are that the township agrees to contribute 10 percent (via adjacent property owners) to the project. The City, in turn, agrees not to pursue annexation of the adjoining township lands for a period of 15 years. The City can proceed with the design of the proposed 14th Avenue SE project if both parties agree to the intergovernmental agreement.
- I will provide a brief overview of the findings of the recent online Citizen Feedback Survey. The responses overall were very positive.
- The Police Chief will review quotations for surplus patrol vehicles and a proposed new unmarked police vehicle.
- Mayor Stauss will update the City Council on preparation for the 125th Anniversary celebration. Mayor Stauss will also request approval for a contract to Games Galore to provide children’s games during the celebration.
- Council Member Gregoire will provide an update of Cemetery Commission activities. This will be the first report in a rotating series of Council Member reports. At each work session, one Council Member will provide the City Council with an update of the boards and commissions on which the Council Member serves.